OMI Emblem: The Bishop’s Religious family.
The Open Bible: The poor have the Good News preached to them.
Figures with bow and arrow: The first people who lived in the area of the diocese.
Palm trees: The Cathedral Church at Pella.
Plants next to the palm trees: Signs of life in the desert.
Two persons touching the Cross: The people of God embrace the Cross.
Born in Johannesburg on the 6th of January 1949.
Educated at Holy Rosary Convent School, Edenvale, and St. Benedict’s College, Bedfordview.
Entered the novitiate of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1967 and professed in February 1968.
1968 to 1974 studied for the priesthood at St. Joseph’s Scholasticate, Cedara.
Obtained BA degree at UNISA in 1973, majoring in Biblical Studies and History of Philosophy.
Ordained to the priesthood on the 12th of July 1974 spent five months in Lesotho, 1975.
August 1975 appointed assistant pastor of St. Margaret’s, Diepkloof, Soweto, and became parish priest in Diepkloof in 1978.
Appointed Provincial Superior of the OMI in the Transvaal Province, June 1984.
Appointed Novice Master at the OMI Inter-provincial Novitiate in Johannesburg, May 1990
served as parish priest of St. Peter Claver, Pimville, Soweto, 1990 to 1993.
Appointed Bishop of the Diocese of Keimoes-Upington on the 5th of July 2000 and ordained on the 14th of October 2000.